We are pleased to announce two new internship opportunities with the Data & Society Lab at Matej Bel University. We are looking for two curious internet native students interested in research work, who possess good language skills, are no strangers to googling, and have an interest in the topics of social media, mis/disinformation and new technology.
- Location: Faculty of Political Science and International Relations UMB/remotely (depending on COVID)
- Duration: approx. 2 to 3 months
- Number of Internship Openings: 2
- BA or MA student with a solid command of English as well as fluency in Slovak
- BA or MA student with a solid command of English as well as fluency in one or more official languages spoken in “post-Soviet states” (e.g., Kazakh, Russia, Ukrainian, Uzbek).
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Conducting desk-based research, engagement in day-to-day lab business (administration, communication with speakers, basic project management) participating in relevant third-party events (upon mutual agreement). The internship will be unpaid and can be done part-time, subject to individual agreement.
HOW TO APPLY
- Applications, consisting of a resume, should be sent to email@example.com. For further information, please contact Dr. Jozef Michal Mintal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The interns will be credited in published outputs, e.g., policy briefs, academic journals, etc. Depending on COVID health regulations, the interns can utilize a shared office space at the UMB Data and Society Lab located at the Faculty of Political Science and International Relations UMB. At the Lab interns will be provided with a working space with a desktop computer and have access to shared facilities, as well as access to the digital resources of the Lab.
- Gain valuable work and academic research experience.
- Develop and refine your analytical skills.
- Network with professionals in the field.
Apply by February 18th, 2022